[meteorite-list] POLL: What Do You Want In A Meteorite Site? UPDATE

From: Meteorites USA <eric_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 10:03:32 -0800

HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL!

Thank you all for the votes, Keep them coming everyone!

Think we can go for 100 votes so we can get a good idea of the general
populaces opinion? Come on guys, you guys are meteorite junkies... Prove
it by voting. ;)

Tally so far: Total Voters: 22
QUESTION:
What Do You Want In A Meteorite Website?
Vote Link: www.meteoriteblog.com
(Poll is located in right sidebar menu)

More Meteorite Info: General (73%, 16 Votes)
More Meteorite Photos (73%, 16 Votes)
College & University Participation (64%, 14 Votes)
More Education Related To Meteorites (59%, 13 Votes)
More Educational Outreach (50%, 11 Votes)
More Meteorite Data: Meteorite classification data (45%, 10 Votes)
More Sharing of Information (45%, 10 Votes)
More Instructional Information (45%, 10 Votes)
More Meteorite Collecting Info: i.e. How To's & DIY (41%, 9 Votes)
More Meteorite Hunting Info: i.e. How To Find Meteorites (36%, 8 Votes)
Less Commercial & More Informational (36%, 8 Votes)
Would Volunteer To Help: Time (32%, 7 Votes)
Would Volunteer: PR & Advertising (32%, 7 Votes)
Orgainzational Participation (27%, 6 Votes)
More Public Awareness (27%, 6 Votes)
More User Participation: i.e. Forums Personal Messaging (18%, 4 Votes)
More Meteorite Videos (18%, 4 Votes)
Would Volunteer To Help: Monetary Contributions (14%, 3 Votes)
Less Public Awareness (5%, 1 Votes)
More Commercial & Less Informational (0%, 0 Votes)

This is really very helpful and this information is vital to the
increase of knowledge of meteorites online.

Your participation is greatly appreciated and it only takes a minute.

Thanks guys, let's keep this going!!!

Regards,
Eric Wichman
Meteorite Wiki