[meteorite-list] Museum Experiment - Iron meteorite needed

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 15:23:29 -0800

Hi all,
        I have been contacted by Dr. Jana Berlin at the Museum
of Natural History in Berlin (SEE BELOW). She is looking for
An iron meteorite (or a slab of same, no less than 30mm X 70mm
X 100mm). This is quite a hefty sized piece (or whole iron), but
It occurred to me someone on the list MAY have an "ugly" iron
Of 1 or 2 Kg (or more) they wouldn't mind donating, as opposed
To spending the time, energy and $ to slice it up. Also, rust does
Not seem to be a deterrent to her needs. (For a dealer, this could
Be a decent tax "write off.")
        I offered her some slabs (with some rust) I have, but they
were far too thin for her purposes (see above minimum dimensions).

        Her email is: Jana Berlin <jberlin at unm.edu>
Other contact info below: