[meteorite-list] Melanie's Caldwell "Inclusion"

From: bernd.pauli at paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: 04 Oct 2009 20:13:10 UT

Melanie wrote:

PS of Caldwell that I got from Steve Arnold (of "Meteorite Men") a while ago
- it has something on it that I'm not certain whether it's a chondrule or what...
never seen anything quite like it.

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/4028/calwell1.jpg

Hi Melanie, Graham, Alan and List,

That's surely an odd "inclusion". No idea what we are looking at but Caldwell
was reclassified by Alan Rubin as an L chondrite impact-melt breccia. Alan is
a list member so, maybe, he can shed some light on it. Any input would really
be greatly appreciated because curious mind want to know!

Best wishes,

Bernd