[meteorite-list] Imilac and Vaca Strewnfield

From: Felipe Guajardo <felipeg36_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 22:59:43 -0400

Hi guys! My name is Felipe Guajardo and I'm a beginner to the
meteorite world. This winter I'm planning on going to Chile and
hunting Imilac and Vaca Muerta strewnfields for about a week. I had a
question regarding the Vaca Muerta Strewnfield. I've been searching
online and I've found these coordinates for the strewnfield: 25? 45' S
/ 70? 30' W. I have also found this pic as well with the map of the
strewnfield http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/1196/vacamuerta.jpg .
The center of the strewnfield is on 25?51'29.76"S / 70?19'42.93"W.
My question is, which of these places is the correct one? If anybody
has gone to these places and has any suggestions please let me know.
Thanks!