[meteorite-list] AD-NWA slices, ebay auctions

From: Gary Fujihara <fujmon_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 08:56:22 -1000

Aloha,

I have expertly prepared slices and endcuts of unclassified NWA
meteorites. A 77g crusted stone was split in half to reveal a matrix
full of multicolor chondrules, and a possible L3 classification.
There are two endcuts of 27.12g (crusted) and 47.61g.

An 81g crusted meteorite was cut to produce 2 full slices (10.4g,
13.17g) and 2 endcuts (13.31g, 37.43g crusted). The cutting revealed
a possible diogenite, full of large, granular red and green crystals,
and many small cavities or vesicles throughout the specimen. I agree
with my cutter that this material is very reminiscent of Dhofar 700.

http://astroday.net/meteorites4sale.html
If interested in any of these, please contact me offlist

Also, the Big Kahuna has some quality meteorites up for auction on
ebay ending this Saturday at 9:36 am PDT. Up for grabs are:

NWA 869 thumbprinted beauty 11.39g
NWA x unclassified individuals 20.81g, 225g
Chergach H5, 39.12g, 99% FC
Bassikounou H5, 4.07g 99% FC
Gao-Guenie H5, 36.48g individual
Allende CV3, 8.21g crusted individual+paper
Camel Donga Euc, 5.9g flowlined beauty
Holbrook 6.43g crusted individual
Chergach H5, 102g 97% FC awesome

http://shop.ebay.com/fujmon/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340

Bids are still at opening or low levels, so its possible to grab some
good deals on quality meteorites this weekend.

Gary Fujihara
AstroDay Institute
105 Puhili Place, Hilo, HI 96720
(808) 640-9161, fujmon at mac.com