[meteorite-list] Las Vegas

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 19:57:13 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all -

>From what I could make out during my visit several years back, many meteorite dealers were paying so high rents in Tucson that it left them with little profit for their effort.

While list members are meteorite centric, we have to keep in mind that the Gems and Minerals do vastly larger sums of money at Tucson, and would likely do more in Las Vegas, as it is nearer to Los Angeles and the West Coast. Add in easier and cheaper airline travel...

Further, with the decline of gambling, rates in Vegas may be set most attractively for them.

Tucson may have taken it all for granted.
E.P.