[meteorite-list] Searched for meteorites - found gold?

From: Thomas Österberg <marie.m.osterberg_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 18:27:46 +0200

Hello List,

A friend of mine, living here in Sweden, told me that he had heard from an
Egyptian friend, that some professional meteorite hunters, had found plenty
of gold in Sudan. According to this source, the gold (and meteorites?) were
found in the eastern part of Sudan, quite recently.

I was also told that a team of 3 persons had found plenty of large gold
nuggets, in total 5 kg, in only 3 days!!

Can anyone confirm this rumor or has more information about the meteorite
hunters?

Thanks!

Thomas ?sterberg