[meteorite-list] Lcross Event

From: Linton Rohr <lintonius_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 20:27:34 -0700

Count,
I had clear sky and very good seeing, but I wasn't able to spot the plume,
here in SoCal. Apparently, I was not the only one. That's comforting...I
thought it was just me. I'm fairly sure I had the right crater, but I was
glancing at a couple other shadowed craters nearby, just to hedge my bets.
'Twas a first-time experiment and it didn't quite pan out as they planned.
Scientifically though, I believe the mission was a success. As a side note,
I was amazed at the dozens of TINY craters I could see in Clavius.
No regrets...I had a great time trying.
Linton

14.5" Starmaster w/6mm Ethos (300x)