[meteorite-list] Los Angeles - Diabasic Shergottite (definitely an AD this time)

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 14:56:55 -0700 (PDT)

For your weekend viewing pleasure,

Here are some close-up images of a thinly-cut part-slice of my Mars rock, Los Angeles:?
So thin-cut that this 0.5g part-slice results in 15 sq mm surface area!

This is the last specimen remaining that is cut this thin. Only was cut this thin because the researchers were very specific about the dimensions of the sample they requested. I couldn't believe the cut-loss on a sample this thin. :-(

Before placing this specimen on eBay, making it available now to the List - to whoever makes the "best offer"!

If you wait to see it appear on eBay, expect the starting bid to be at the recent going price for LA of $1000/gram.
Don't be shy. You may get lucky and your low-ball offer may be the only one made. Please, save me the trouble of having to place this on eBay.

This is NOT a saw-cutting fragment! This is a trimmed-off slice. Originally, it was contiguous to the slice now being used in a lab study.

All of the images below are of this same "0.5 gram thin part-slice":

<http://marzmeteorite.tripod.com/saw-cuttings/2009/LA0_5diabasic24.jpg>
<http://marzmeteorite.tripod.com/saw-cuttings/2009/LA0_5thin24.jpg>
<http://marzmeteorite.tripod.com/saw-cuttings/2009/LA0_5opp46.jpg>
<http://marzmeteorite.tripod.com/saw-cuttings/2009/LA0_5cthru21.jpg>