[meteorite-list] question on using a macro flash ring for photgraphing meteorites

From: info at niger-meteorite-recon.de <info_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 12:31:18 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Glenn, others,
?
You may try working with full spectrum daylight lamps. They emit a spectrum very
similar to natural sunlight. By using two, or even better three lamps, you will
be able to avoid hard cast shadows. In combination with dimmers you may simulate
every daylight situation experienced outdoors.Anything starting from 20W will
serve your purpose.
?
The color spectrum your camera reproduces will be very close to what the human
eye perceives under daylight conditions. I've been achieving acceptable results
with a set of four daylight lamps and wouldn't want to miss
them:?http://www.meteorite-recon.com/en/Meteoritensammlung.htm

Cheers

Svend

www.meteorite-recon.com