[meteorite-list] Fear of impacts, bad techniques, Morrison, Mars Nuts, lack of money

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 10:07:15 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Darren, Paul -

On yeah, and the KT comet impact did not kill the dinosaurs. Keller told us all about it, and it was repeated again and again and again.

Well, let's see: People naturally want to deny that recent impacts have taken place. Provide them with any flimsy way of denying it, and they'll do it.

We have a well funded and well supported opposition; my side has no money and no means of communication since Dr. Peiser took the Cambridge Conference over to global warming scepticism. Gosh gee thanks, Benny.

NASA still run by Mars Nuts who want to spend a hundred billion or so to fly a few men to Mars, and leftovers from the 1950's and 1960's who want them to do it. So they're in a state of denial as well, particularly as to comet impact rates, thanks largely to Morrison.

Me, I've had a stroke.

But the peoples remembered these impacts, even if they did not use modern terms like asteroid and comet to describe them:

http://forum.palanth.com/index.php/topic,1093.0.html

Also:
http://forum.palanth.com/index.php?topic=1077.msg3266

No one has looked at the Kiscoty structure yet, and we're still waiting for the cores from the Carolina's.

Sterling, you care to add something in here? Like a comment on how all the megafauna disappeared over night?

E.P. Grondine
Man and Impact in the Americas