[meteorite-list] Ads,

From: Gary Chase <garychase_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 18:03:08 -0700

 <4AD65FEC.7030501 at meteoritesusa.com>

Did any anyone ever consider that Cottingham may have originally come from =
Nigeria?
=20
Ok=2C Eric. I say why just let one dealer post all the ads he wants? Ever=
ybody that sells on ebay or has a website should post an ad on the list eve=
ry day and a half. We will all be so smart concerning meteorites that we w=
ill all have PHDs.
=20
Cottingham's prices are among the highest around. How would you like to be=
 the sucker that pushes the buy it now button on the Gujba at $12000 only t=
o discover this list and see that the real price is $7000- That would sure=
 leave a sour taste in my mouth=2C how about you? Reminds me of the retai=
ler that has a 50% off sale the day after he marks up his inventory 100%
=20
Spare me the argument that sales educate the uneducated public because it i=
s as much BS as the newbies selling UNCLASSIFIED NWA meteorites because the=
y are too cheap or lazy to get the proper classification.
=20
So lets go dealers=2C take Eric up on his offer and say to hell with the ru=
les and start posting away with the ads.
=20
Gary
> [...]
> How do you spell that thing when you stick your tongue out and expel=20
> air...?
>=20
> PPPPLLLLLLLLGGGGGGHHHHHH!
>=20
> Anyway=2C if Cottingham can talk to his alter ago via email I can stick m=
y=20
> tongue out to all the ad-haters. There's a lot worse things about this=20
> business than a few meteorites for sale ads posted on a meteorite email=20
> list.
>=20
> I'm all for ads of course because I sell them myself=2C but it's more=20
> about getting newbies to the business and increasing awareness. Like=20
> Steve Arnold of Meteorite Men said a while back. I'm paraphrasing of=20
> course. Screw splitting the meteorite pie into smaller pieces=2C just mak=
e=20
> the pie bigger. You do that by getting more people involved. More people=
=20
> getting interested about meteorites through collecting will spread the=20
> word and make meteorites more mainstream.
>=20
> So with all that=2C I'd like to simply say=2C to heck with it=2C and if=20
> someone wants to post ads about meteorites let them post all they want.=20
> This breeds more collectors=2C and more collectors eventually mean=20
> meteorite will become mainstream=2C and that means the people getting=20
> involved now may themselves become scientists and perhaps even inspire=20
> their children to do so as well.
>=20
> Of course then you have the dorks who just want to whine about emails=20
> they don't want to read. Well=2C for them I have a suggestion. Don't read=
=20
> it...
>=20
> For everyone else=2C glad to have you as a customer. If I can help I will=
=2C=20
> or perhaps Cottingham can provide all you newbie collectors with some=20
> meteorites. http://stores.shop.ebay.com/VOYAGE-BOTANICA-NATURAL-HISTORY=20
> He's got a great selection!
>=20
> Enjoy...
>=20
> Regards=2C
> Eric Wichman
> Meteorites USA
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Dave Myers wrote:
>> I joined this list in May=2C and just started collecting meteorites at t=
hat time=2C

>> I have bought all my meteorites from Eric Wickman=2C and on the list=2C =
I have gotten great free samples from Steve Arnold=2C Chicago!

>> I do not know any of them or any of you=2C But If I may say=2C people po=
sting=20
>> ads on here of meteorites for sale=2C (with there pictures and class) ha=
s given me more info=2C than 38% of the other post!.... I KNOW I AM A NEWBE=
=2C AND AS OF NOW THIS IS MY RESOURCE OF LEARNING=2C WHAT-IS WHAT.....I nee=
d to see lots of Pictures and what the classifacation is for that picture!