[meteorite-list] (No More) One-Ad Per Week Rule

From: dean bessey <deanbessey_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 13:12:53 -0700 (PDT)

> Dean,
> Check the archives. As usual, you are flat out wrong. Art
> made the rule, not four or five members.? This is his
> forum and his rules. Several members weighed in before the
> decision was made.
> Take Care,
> Adam

Art made the rule after declaring that he dont care (Check the archaives) and 4 or 5 people bombarded the list with hundreds of anti ad postings making the list unbearable.
But my real question is "What are you trying to acompolish by bombarding the other 1000 of us with multiple postings about the fact that you dont like lots of ads". We have no say in the matter wither we like it or not. Lets say that me the the other 1000 list members agree with you 100% and we want cottingham and big steve kicked off the list? What do you want us to do? Bombard Art with hundreds of complaints in the same way that these 4 or 5 people are bombarding the rest of us about the compalints about ads?
You are complaining to the wrong people in your effort to stop all of these ad postings. The other 1000 of us have no say in the matter.
This has been going on your years and years. We have had to put up with these hundreds of anti ad postings for years. Dont you think its time to give it a rest? If Art actually cared he would do something about it. These 4 or 5 people evidently care more than art does so dont try creating this holier than thou attitude in the name of art.
Ad's arent the problem. These attack postings are the real problem (5 postings per as commenting on how bad the ad postings are dont seem like a sensible use of posting time.
This has gone on for years. Its time to only email art in private if you dont like how the list is run. The other 1000 of us dont really want to be a part of this crap.
Sincerely
DEAN