[meteorite-list] M Cottingham statement

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 19:22:21 -0700

Michael,
        How about respecting:
1) The rules the maker and maintainer of this list set up instead
Of SAYING you would abide by a rule voted upon?
2) What the hell is a "real" vote? There is, was and always will be
Only ONE "real" vote - and that is Art's. Just because he hasn't
Chosen to take you off the list indefinately does not mean he won't
AT ANY TIME do so. Additionally, he tends to be VERY SLOW in
Reinstating people he removes. Though I am not aware of anyone
(except a particularly abrasive and obscene list member from Texas
Several years back) that he has not reinstated after a year or so.
        Wonder how it would effect your business if you were suddenly
Off the list for 6 months to a year? Is it worth continually posting
Ads 4,5 or more times a week? Are you TRYING to find out at what
Point he will take you off the list? If so, the problem with that is it
Will then be too late to do anything but wait for a goodly number of
Months to be reinstated.....
        And that's the way it is, Michael