[meteorite-list] Largest 'Fall' Meteorite

From: Jason Utas <meteoritekid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 13:48:29 -0700

Yo,
Sikhote-Alin, the largest crater at 26m in diameter.
Only two meteorites are ever known to have created real craters upon
falling; Carancas and Sikhote-Alin.
Carancas' crater measures in at 13m.
I suppose falls like Gao could have been larger in mass than Caracas,
but I don't know if we even have a good estimate of the mass of
Carancas, so perhaps someone more knowledgeable about the event could
comment; the reports I could find online conflicted drastically.
Regards,
Jason