[meteorite-list] Largest 'Fall' Meteorite

From: Jason Utas <meteoritekid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 15:12:22 -0700

Right, but I don't believe that Campo del Cielo is noted as a
witnessed fall. If we're going to start listing every crater
associated with meteorite fragments, we're going to get a much longer
list.
The only accepted witnessed falls that have led to the formation of
legitimate craters are Carancas and Sikhote Alin. Another list member
suggested Sterlitamak; I still believe that, according to the
description of the impact features found:

http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/1992Metic..27R.276P

- That this is an impact pit, not a crater. Note the description of
sheer walls, etc.
Regards,
Jason