[meteorite-list] Where are the thin section experts?

From: bernd.pauli at paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: 27 Oct 2009 20:20:56 UT

Just like Adam, I've been desperately looking for triple junctions, ... none :-(
Unless it is something "anomalous" my recent guess (olivine diogenite) is
wrong because diogenites do have triple junctions!

I've been looking for chondrules or fragments of chondrules, ... none :-(
Metal-rich + absence of chondrules, does that look like a CH or a CB?

I would expect to find chondrules in a CH chondrite and I would expect
to find larger pyroxenes in a CB chondrite (just think of Gujba, for example!)

*If* the interference colors are correct, this thin section is excessively rich in
brownish pyroxene, and, another *if* it is orthopyroxene, we might be looking
at a metal-rich (anomalous) aubrite.

Oh, well, ...

Bernd