[meteorite-list] Weaubleau-Osceola Structure

From: Dale Keel <dalekeel_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 08:17:59 -0800

I am new to the list.

I am looking for interesting photos of the Weaubleau-Osceola Structure area.
Mainly pictures that might indicate that the structure was indeed an impact
crater. I would be really grateful for photos of Rocks - Road cuts etc with
explanations of what's in the pictures. I visited relatives in the area and
we went on a road trip around route 13 and 82 and saw some amazing road cuts
but I really did not know what I was actually looking at besides some
"unusual rock formations".

My relatives showed me some "round rocks" that they said was caused by the
impact. What is inside them"? Are they solid? They are kind of light for
rocks of their size?

I looked on the internet for "Weaubleau-Osceola meteor" and found alot of
words that I could not understand. What does brecciated rocks look like? How
about shocked Quartz? And folded?

Thanks for any information.

I am an new rock hounder of 2 years and belong to a club in Rancho Palos
Verdes. I volunteered to do a show and tell with the round rocks I have and
would like to be able to give more information and show some photos and be
able to tell members what they are looking at.

Dale