[meteorite-list] Sunday Auctions Ending

From: Jason Utas <meteoritekid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 18:07:17 -0700

Hello All,
First and foremost, Happy Halloween!
Mmmm, by far the 'sweetest' holiday of them all...
Anyways, I do have a pair of auctions ending tomorrow - both visible here:

http://shop.ebay.com/calimeteoritefinder/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

There's the main mass of NWA 1953 - a "complete" 11.7g fragment; it's
uncut and was the largest piece found.
The other specimen I offered of this find showed pretty large green
chondrules - I can't see any on the surface of this stone, but it does
have some fusion crust to make up for it, as well as a nice shock vein
crossing one corner.

The other auction is a killer slice of NWA 1696 - if you like breccias
or large metal inclusions in your chondrites, this one's a must-have.
And it's an L3-6 with a weathering grade of only 1!
I only have two other pieces of this stone that show any such
inclusions - neither has inclusions as big as this slice.
Either way, beautiful material.

Hope y'all have a hoot out there tonight,
Thanks,
Jason