[meteorite-list] Here's to making Lemonade out of lemons..

From: Leigh Anne DelRay <leighannedelray_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 21:13:54 -0700

Bob,
It's weird we bought this house with a certificate of no termites, and
a warranty if they were to appear in 1 year after purchase, they would
be treated immediatly.
We of course tried to cash in on that first thing, and they said that
it was only for 'subterranean termites', and not dry wood termites,
these are two separate species apparently. And the company said that
they weren't hired to look for dry wood termites in the inspection,
b/c that type of termite is so rare here.
We were also the victims of trusting the guy that sold us the house,
who told us it was 'all good' as he put it.
go figure,
LA
p.s. The company that we had the termite warranty with gave us a
courtesy treatment, but that doesn't really help the damage, it just
killed them in the section that treated. But not even all of them,
just some of them. (I think at this point it just slows them down, as
there are millions). There is not a way to get back the integrity of
that wood ever.