[meteorite-list] Thomas Jefferson & Weston

From: JoshuaTreeMuseum <joshuatreemuseum_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 14:28:26 -0400

Richard, Darren;

Wasn't it clear I was making fun of popular misquotes? I thought I was
being pretty obvious. It's called irony, a commonly used literary device.

While Carl never said billions and billions in his Cosmos series (duh!) he
did say it in the title of his book; Billions and Billions. So he did say
it. He's making fun of people's misquotes ala Jon Provost's (Lassie's
master): Timmy's In The Well. This is funny because at the time the
running joke was, when Lassie would run up and bark, you would go what's the
matter Lassie, Timmy fell down a well? Of course Timmy never fell down a
well, see, that's why it's funny. Even though Lassie fell down a well once
in season's 17, "Well of Love".

Phil Whitmer