[meteorite-list] Bolide? Doggone?

From: Darryl Pitt <darryl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 15:35:20 -0400

Hi Richard,

I appreciate your thoughts and your analysis could very well be spot
on---but low resolution and soft focus at infinity are not distortions
of the sort to which you allude, and I think I'll hold fast to the
notion of a "bolide by camera-phone" being able to evoke a sun dog.

I suppose in the end I just have a bit more faith in the report of a
ball "speeding across the sky".....

....and of course I agree that embellished eyewitness accounts can be
problematic (along with my misplaced faith)

  ;-) Oh well.

And all best / Darryl