[meteorite-list] Removal from the list

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 12:23:57 -0500

On Thu, 3 Sep 2009 07:55:59 -0500, you wrote:

>Well said Steve! I agree with you 100%
>Kirk.....

In defense of the list (and myself, who is your likely target) I seem to recall
that the list members are almost universally polite and patient with newcomers
asking what to us are "old" questions, and someone usually takes the time to
patiently and clearly answer those questions. It is only when the newcomers,
once their questions have been answered, continue to argue over and over for
their own misconceptions as being right and the answerers as being wrong that
the kid gloves come off. In other words, being ignorant isn't treated as a
"crime" here-- being an idiot is.

The "egghead geeks" part sounds like good old-fashioned American
anti-intellectualism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-intellectualism

If I was wanting only to be a jerk, I'd post a link like this:

http://tinyurl.com/n83fhp