[meteorite-list] Cooling rates

From: Steve Dunklee <sdunklee72520_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 20:15:35 -0700 (PDT)

Interesting idea, as railroad drawheads and metal presses after repeated pounding over many years also show stress patterns which resemble Widmanstatten. So could it be repeated pounding from collisions in addition to slow cooling which contribute to the variety of patterns? I really have no Idea but believe it possible.

http://www.materialsengineer.com/

the second pic on the right looks like some widmanstattens'

have a great day

Steve