[meteorite-list] Detectability

From: Richard Kowalski <damoclid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 15:03:05 -0700 (PDT)

Ed,

checking my observing report from 6 October, 2008, the night of discovery, the conditions were far from perfect and the seeing wasn't that great. I reported it as 2.3 arcseconds full width half max for the night.

The night before was cloudy and I didn't head up to the observatory. The night of impact the seeing was only slightly better, but highly variable and both of these nights were windy. Perfect nights have sub-arcsecond seeing and our fwhm (1 arcsec pixels) is <1.8

With the 1.5-m we can reach 19.0V with good SNR using a 5-second exposure AT Nautical Twilight.

--
Richard Kowalski
http://fullmoonphotography.net