[meteorite-list] Strange Rock Reports

From: Mike Hankey <mike.hankey_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 15:23:32 -0400

I?ve gotten about six strange rock reports so far which is great! It
shows the locals know meteorites could be on the ground and they are
keeping an eye out for them. I have been able to identify most of the
rocks I?ve seen so far, but this one in particular I?m not sure about.
If anyone knows what this rock is please let me know. It is very hard
and magnetic seemed like a lot of metal in it. It is pretty weathered
and hard to tell if it has a crust on it or not.

http://www.mikesastrophotos.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/gideon-rock1.jpg

http://www.mikesastrophotos.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/gideon-rock2.jpg

http://www.mikesastrophotos.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/gideon-rock3.jpg

http://www.mikesastrophotos.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/gideon-rock4.jpg