[meteorite-list] (Meteorite) Strange Rock Reports

From: GeoZay at aol.com <GeoZay_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 10:15:38 EDT

>>The clue is in the file name...La Mancha!...and in the glassy
crust...most eucrites show a very fluid glassy crust, very distinctive, such as
Millbillillie and Camel Donga. If you find stones with such a crust then even
more exciting...I think very unlikely to stick to your magnet at all though,
so even more difficult to initially be certain they are meteorites.<<

Well...I had no idea that there was a kind of meteorites that had a glassy
fusion crush. When Sterling first made his post, I thought he was joking.
To me, I thought he or someone had smeared roofing tar onto an ordinary
rock. I was right though...Sterling did indeed post a joke, but it was on me
and he didn't even realize it. :O) Thanks for the education guys...GeoZay