[meteorite-list] New Australian fall

From: Jason Utas <meteoritekid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 18:45:04 -0700

Good point; and seeing as such meteorites haven't been
reclassified/re-typed, it seems as though this brings up a very valid
flaw in the classification system of basaltic achondrites. Perhaps
there are some scientists out there who can shed some light on why
meteorites such as these are called Eucrites when they are apparently
from different parent bodies. I'd be curious of the general
scientific opinion of the current classification scheme; is it
adequate or should there be more, if not classes, at least meteorites
deemed 'ungrouped.'
Jason