[meteorite-list] Shivalingams impactites?

From: Jason Utas <meteoritekid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 11:32:09 -0700

Hello Mel,
Shiva Lingams are ordinary stones that have been polished by people
into their respective shapes to create the religiously symbolic stones
that people so seem to like. They are generally made of ordinary
rocks with nothing really special about them - unless you believe in
their religious/spiritual nature. I suppose you could have one made
out of impactite, or even a meteorite, but I have *never* seen one
made of said materials. They're typically made of that odd
dichromatic sedimentary stone (at least I'm fairly sure it's
sedimentary given the texture), but I'm not exactly sure as to what it
is.
Regards,
Jason