[meteorite-list] Off Topic: Element 79 by Fred Hoyle & Ad

From: Michael Fowler <mqfowler_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 16:19:38 -0500

Hi list,

I remember fondly a science fiction story by the famous English Astro-
Physicist, Fred Hoyle. It is about a meteorite fall that would have
destroyed the world financial system, if it hadn't been kept secret.

The name of the story is: "Element 79"

Here's the ad part:

For those of you who have always wanted to hold a good piece of
element 79 in your hand, or to have something to compare to when you
tell someone that a certain meteorite in your collection is worth
more, gram for gram, than gold I have an auction on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290352540640&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_500wt_1137

if someone on the list should be the buyer, I'll include my treasured
copy of Hoyle's story "Element 79".

Mike Fowler
Chicago