[meteorite-list] OT - Gold Hoard Found in England

From: Greg Hupe <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 17:17:32 -0400

Hello List and All Metal Detector Enthusiasts (whether it be meteorites or
other goodies...),

As a side benefit to those of who hunt for meteorites using a metal
detector, we some times find other interesting or valuable objects that are
not meteorite related.

I thought I would share this story as an example of what "could" be found
while hunting for meteorites using a metal detector.

What is really cool about this story is that the finder was using an old
detector, can you imagine what is deeper below their feet as they dug up the
artifacts on the surface!! Maybe the authorities have older equipment there
too!! I think also that the true story is all about good luck and the
willingness to get permission and agreements from property owners!

Good luck to all on your current and/or future hunts!!

Link to Gold Hoard article:
http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/europe/09/24/staffordshire.uk.gold.hoard/?imw=Y

Best regards,
Greg