[meteorite-list] Another dust storm hits Broken Hill in Australia

From: brian burrer <brimane_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 03:01:46 -0700

It is always a shame to see so much topsoil being stripped from the
land. I sympathize with those who are getting their land ravaged by
deflation. It has been pointed out by other listees that meteorites
are surfacing- it is a crime against science that Oz officials have
removed practically all incentive to recover them. But there is a
silver lining for tektite hunters; this same deflation event is also
exposing thousands of australites. I wish a perfect flanged button to
all who venture out and search. Oh yeah, and you get to keep tektites
in Australia!

Cheers, Brian