[meteorite-list] tonne Muonionalusta, Sweden meteorite

From: drtanuki <drtanuki_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 17:05:42 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Carl,
  Thank you for viewing the site. The meteorite hitting the ping pong story was a hoax. I post about it on my website on July 10, 2009.

Meteorite fell to Ostrava, destroyed in the Ping-Pong table.
WHERE NEXT?
Scientists now puzzled about the stone, which p?il?tl from heaven. The garden George Romans in Ostrava pingpongov?ho a hole in the table. The owner swears that it was not anything, and certainly the hole itself nevyvrtal. Finder stone finally asked the assistance of experts. ??man George returned from the cottage and found a broken ping-pong table. A pest is near. The alleged meteorite is wallowing directly under the table. Experts now just shake their heads and unable to agree whether any of the meteorite and from there took. ... (more story with video)

  The story does not say but appears to be slag?. Dirk

http://tn.nova.cz/zpravy/regionalni/meteorit-v-ostrave-znicil-pingpongovy-stul-co-nas-ceka-dal.html