[meteorite-list] Outstanding 4.9 kg sculpted iron meteorite - AD

From: info at niger-meteorite-recon.de <info_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 15:38:35 +0200 (CEST)

Ladies & gentlemen,
?
as I pointed out last week I currently have the rare pleasure to offer a small
number of outstanding meteorites from my personal collection. You'll find a
brief list and description in the following, the busy people may just click the
quick link to find all auctions:

http://shop.ebay.com/werffroenne/m.html?_dmd=1&_in_kw=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1
?
Among those pieces?is a?flow lined?heavily oriented?Dhofar meteorite of 738 g.
The specimen is aconic shield with a stub apex. It shows countless flow lines
and impressively displays the ablation process of the atmospheric flight frozen
in time. The surface texture represents the moment as the crust cooled during
the transition from hot and bright to the cool and dark phase of the meteorite's
flight. You may have to wait a while before you see a similar piece offered.
Here is the auction link:
?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200384411749&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT
?
For those focussing on large sculpted irons there is an?impressive and ?fully
regmaglypted 4.9 kg Sikhote Alin up for sale. The specimen's surface is dented
with large elongated regmaglypts, several regions show much smaller but deeper
regmaglypts. The?meteorite shows a plethora of melt features such as flow lines,
melt rims and rollover lips. It is heavily ablated and fully fusion crusted.
This is a true museum specimen.And the best is, this striking display piece is
still well below 50 Cents per gram. Folks, if I would not be selling this piece
I would instantly buy it.
?
I apologize for the bulky link:
?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200384713860&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.com%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm38%26_nkw%3D200384713860%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1
?
Other?witnessed falls?up for sale include
?
a72 g eucrite with glossy fusion crust,
?
a 56 g Allende individual,
?
a 33g Benguerir,
?
a rare La Criolla,
?
a 73 g Juancheng with beautifual fusion texture,
?
a 62 g Kilabo (witnessed fall from Nigeria).
?
And there?is a 1 cm NASA type meteorite scale cube (I have to admit the latter
is not a "witnessed fall", at least not unless it happens to fall from?your
kitchen table).
?
Please find all auctions here:
?
http://shop.ebay.com/werffroenne/m.html?_dmd=1&_in_kw=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1
?
Thank your for patience and your interest.
?
Svend
?
?