[meteorite-list] "The Fallen Sky" Reading in Tucson Tomorrow + Odessa Episode

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 08:52:49 -0700

Dear Listees:

I would like to invite those of you in southern Arizona to meet my
friend Chris Cokinos and hear him read from his wonderful new book
"The Fallen Sky: An Intimate History of Shooting Stars" tomorrow,
Monday, here in Tucson.

Chris is a brilliant writer, an accomplished editor and professor and
one of the cooler guys I know. The reading is sure to be entertaining
and informative. I'll be there, along with some of my pals, and would
warmly encourage anyone within driving distance to make the trip.

The event will be at the Steward Observatory on the U of A campus,
tomorrow, September 28, at 7:30 pm and admission is free.

Details:

http://uanews.org/node/26869

My review of Chris' book for TucsonCitzen.com:

http://tucsoncitizen.com/lizard/2009/07/25/contemplating-mysteries-of-the-universe-in-the-fallen-sky/

Hope to see some of you there.

In other news: Steve and I are finally back home after filming several
new episodes of "Meteorite Men." Thanks to those of you who posted
news stories about our Odessa Crater adventure. What a treat it was to
be allowed to film and hunt inside the actual crater! And Pete Shugar
-- I'm sorry you don't live next to the strewnfield anymore. Would
have been great to meet you in person, but I did enjoy seeing the
photo you donated to the museum.

There is a small news piece about the show in today's "Arizona Daily
Star":

http://www.azstarnet.com/allheadlines/310602

And if you'd like to be kept in the loop about current "Meteorite Men"
news please connect with us on Twitter:

http://twitter.com/meteoritemen

It is really nice to be back home in sunny Tucson after many, many
days on location!

Best wishes to all,

Geoff N.

www.aerolite.org