[meteorite-list] illinois meteorites found

From: Joe Kerchner <skyrockmeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2010 12:55:35 -0700 (PDT)

hello listees,
  Just wanted to know if anyone has found any more Illinois meteorites from any of the known "strewnfields"/old find areas.
  I have found a few small Woodbine meteorites 0.5gr, 0.5gr, and 6gr (before cutting)
I also found a small less than half gram Marengo meteorite. I will probably be keeping these finds in my collection unless I get a good offer for one of them. I plan on getting back out to both places many more times this spring and summer. anyone in the area who would like to hunt with me at either one of these place is more than welcome. The Marengo find was a surprise, I took home many small stones that were really attracted to my magnet, I polished a window in each one and was very surprised to find out one of the smaller stones was part of the meteorite. I have a few photos of the woodbine finds here on the SkyRock Cafe, take a look: http://illinoismeteorites.com/cgi-bin/board/YaBB.pl?num=1268972596

Best Wishes,
Joe Kerchner
http://illinoismeteorites.com
http://skyrockcafe.com