[meteorite-list] Baja earthquake

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2010 16:25:01 -0700

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=32.0931,-115.2491%28M6.9+-+Baja+Cali
fornia,+Mexico+-+2010+April+04+22:40:39+UTC%29&t=h&z=6&iwloc=A

Above is best visual and can use "zoom in" to see the center was well
removed from any high density residential area.
They say it was "only a 4.0" in SD, but I found that hard to accept & I have
Lived here all but a small portion of my life.
        Aftershocks still continue.
        If that was 4.0 here I NEVER want to be in anything higher. It was
Enough to shake you awake if it were at night. The only "good" aspect was
That it was a "rolling" as opposed to "jerking" type - the later being far
More startling (to me at least).
        Wooh, just had a big aftershock right now.
        Anyway, seems as though we are past it & hopefully NO ONE was
Injured.
        Best wishes, Michael

On 4/4/10 4:12 PM, "Greg Catterton" <star_wars_collector at yahoo.com> wrote:

> http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/us_quake_mexico

TIJUANA (Reuters) ? A strong 6.9
> magnitude earthquake struck in Baja California, Mexico on Sunday, rocking
> buildings and panicking residents as far away as Tijuana and Los Angeles and
> Palm Springs, California.

Mexican officials had no immediate reports of
> damage or injuries.

"I'm shaking like a leaf ... the pool water was just
> going everywhere," said Jean Nelson in Indio, California outside of Palm
> Springs.

A Reuters witness in Tijuana said cars in a parking lot outside of a
> building could be seen jolting with the quake.

The quake was felt in downtown
> Los Angeles, witnesses said.

The quake struck at 15:40 Pacific time (6:40
> p.m. EDT) 16 miles south southwest of Guadalupe Victoria at a depth of 20
> miles. The quake was 108 miles east southeast of Tijuana.

Multiple
> aftershocks were reported.

(Reporting by Lizbeth Salazar, Jackie Frank and
> Tomas Sarmiento; Writing by Robert Campbell; Editing by Will
> Dunham)

Greg Catterton
www.wanderingstarmeteorites.com
IMCA member