[meteorite-list] AD/web site update Campo, Brenham, Glorieta Damascus knife and more.

From: Rob Wesel <nakhladog_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 14:48:29 -0700

I second Mike G's sentiment regarding Mike M's preparation.

As most of you know, Mike has been the one cutting the 200 gram Brenham I am
selling slices of. With every shipment I am gobsmacked at how well they are
prepared in terms of parallel cuts, mirror polish, etching, and
preservation. I had the opportunity to visit his home, the location of a
meteorite cutting outfit that is, simply put, massive. In addition to all
the saws there were the control pieces, small slices prepared different ways
with notes following each piece through time, inspected routinely. And then
there are pieces Miller recently sent out for free to the four corners, the
worlds most hostile environments for iron slices, so he could further
perfect "the process".

Progress has come a long way in a short time largely due to Mike and a few
relentless others like him.

Rob Wesel
www.nakhladogmeteorites.com
www.facebook.com/nakhladog