[meteorite-list] Wisconsin Iowa, (IL) Fireball 14APR10

From: Brian Cox <searchingforfun_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 06:29:32 -0500

This seems to have been seen over as large as or even over a larger area
than Park Forest. St. Louis up to Iowa/Minnesota, Wisconsin. Just a helpful
fyi, Rockford, Illinois is 83 miles from downtown Chicago and it about
150,000 people, much bigger than Park Forest. Madison WI is about 3 1/2
hours from Chicago. You have to take the "Highway from Hell" as we often
call it, I-90 The Northwest Tollway from O'Hare. Rush hour time is now 45
minutes to O'Hare from downtown Chicago, 20 mph. That's only 15 miles from
downtown to O'Hare. We're dealing with a large suburban area, then further
out farms and woods.

Weather today, Sunny and 83, thunderstorms after midnight, Friday high 66,
Sat and sun highs 53-59.

Anyhow hear of any people actually finding a meteorite yet? It's a large
area from the cameras on the Sheriff's car along the Iowa/Minnesota border
to downtown Madison, WI and then to Northern Illinois.

Happy hunting to everyone. I should meet you all at O'Hare. ;-)