[meteorite-list] Wisconsin Iowa Event resend

From: David Johnson <drknite_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 17:59:47 -0500

Dirk Ross wrote:

> Message: 10
> Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 05:23:53 -0700 (PDT)
> From: drtanuki <drtanuki at yahoo.com>
> Subject: [meteorite-list] Wisconsin Iowa Event resend
> To: meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com, ? ? ? ?Global Meteor Observing Forum
> ? ? ? ?<meteorobs at meteorobs.org>
>
> Dear List,
> ?I hope that NASA and other groups were able to run some air sampling missions shortly after the event so that we have more data on particle distribution at high altitudes.
>
> ?Someone have any morning photos from the area in case there is still a debris cloud?
>
> ?Anyone living in the event area or "downwind" might consider trapping some micro-meteorites from this event.
>
> Best Regards, Dirk Ross...Tokyo
>
> http:www/lunarmeteoritehunters.blogspot.com/

For those who might get a chance to interview witnesses near the
(hopefully found) strewnfield, please check to see if anyone in the
path of the meteor recalls hearing pinging of small particles (on the
order of 1 to a few millimeters or so) upon their houses/buildings, or
if anyone finds tiny pieces of rock (same sizes) around their
properties (such as sidewalks, porches, etc.).? This occurred with the
Park Forest meteor, so it'd be nice to see if any further occurrences
of this phenomena happen.

Dave Johnson