[meteorite-list] First recovered meteorite from the April 14, 2010 Wisconsin fireball.

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 00:06:04 -0700 (PDT)

Excellent work! What took so long? Just kidding.

Just got back from the field tonight and getting ready to go out for several more days, read this post and was impressed at the efficiency. Unfortunately, I will be working a completely different unannounced strewn field.

Now that the most prestigious goal of finding the first meteorite of the fall has been accomplished, it is time to nail the main mass! My wild guess is that it will weigh 8 kilos and be found at one end of a 20 mile long strewn field. I am basing this guess on the slow velocity and multiple break ups so larger pieces may have survived.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

Hunters, Start Your Engines, The "Amazing Race" Is On!

Wishing all success,

Adam