[meteorite-list] Caution when cutting meteorwrongs?

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 23:01:15 -0700 (PDT)

"And now for something completely different!"

MikeG makes a good point about exercising "caution".
This was discussed here a long time ago:

<http://www.mail-archive.com/meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com/msg04531.html>

and longstanding listoid Ken Newton has a webpage for reference:

<http://meteorite-identification.com/Hot%20Rocks/ferromanganese.html>

and most recently I've updated my articles on this subject, all in an effort to determine the composition of these man-made materials (essentially "iron silicide") and whether there are any dangerous contaminants in these "ferro-manganese" meteor-wrongs:

<http://meteorite-recovery.tripod.com/2009/jul09.htm>
and here:
<http://meteorite-recovery.tripod.com/2007/jul07.htm>

now back to more news on the hunt in Wisconsin...
Bob V.