[meteorite-list] Wisconsin Fall - Close Encounter

From: fallingfusion at wi.rr.com <fallingfusion_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 14:07:47 -0400

Good Afternoon List,

I was just taking some time to do some mapping and made a cool discovery. If you take the E-W street that I live off of, and go directly west approximately 125 miles (and by "directly", I mean a perfectly straight line), it takes me to the northern segment of the strewn field. Now hows that for a close encounter! It is still a great distance, but in relation to the size of the Earth, I can only imagine what it would be like to have a meteorite fall in my own hometown. If I had to choose between that and winning the lottery, I can honestly say that I would choose the meteorites over the money. Jackpot over $200 Mil? - I'd have to sit down and reconsider ; )

In regards to the fireball on Wednesday night, I usually walk the dog between 10:15 and 10:30pm...so you can imagine how disappointed I was, to a certain degree, when I received the news. Call me selfish if you wish, but I'm guessing it was my chance of a lifetime. It's everyone's dream to see one these spectacles. The 8th Wonder of the World ( /Outer Space).

Was anyone able to catch this jaw dropper in person? And who lives the closest to the drop zone?

And most of all, best of luck to everyone. The Big Kuhuna is out there, somewhere.

Kind Regards,

Ryan