[meteorite-list] Quick-AD: a Piece of the Enigmatic Tamdakht-Ralewite & a Slice of a new Stony Winonaite

From: Chladnis Heirs <news_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 13:06:54 +0200

Hello members,

just a small & speedy AD:

>From our last travel we brought back once again a small lot of specimens of
that incredible "Tamdakht-Couscous", which still awaits an explication for
its formation. See also the discussion on the list one year ago:
http://kuerzer.de/Ralewite1

http://kuerzer.de/Ralewite2

There we have a grinded half of a specimen to spare. 7.106g. 50$/g
http://www.chladnis-heirs.com/7_106g.jpg

http://www.chladnis-heirs.com/7_106g-2.jpg

Second offer today is a fullslice of a small new winonaite (NWA 6187 prov.)
There we wrote "stony" in the title, because it doesn't belong to the
iron-rich ones, where here on the list it was discussed, how they could be
differentiated from the silicated IAB-irons.
Well, that here would be a "normal" AWIN (if something like this exists.
They are so rare...)

A fullslice of 4.281g, one side polished, one side grinded. 100$/g
http://www.chladnis-heirs.com/nwa6187-4_281g.jpg

http://www.chladnis-heirs.com/nwa6187-4_281g-2.jpg

Thank you for your attention
and our (admittedly somewhat jealous) greetings
to the hunters and collectors in WI!
Go for the main mass!

Stefan Ralew & Martin Altmann

Chladni's Heirs
Munich - Berlin
Fine Meteorites for Science & Collectors

http://www.chladnis-heirs.com