[meteorite-list] Quick-AD: a Piece of the Enigmatic Tamdakht-Ralewite & a Slice of a new Stony Winonaite

From: cdtucson at cox.net <cdtucson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 13:50:37 -0400

Martin, Stefan,

This Ralewite is amazing stuff. I have a question about this one;
.
There we have a grinded half of a specimen to spare. 7.106g. 50$/g
http://www.chladnis-heirs.com/7_106g.jpg

Has it been determined what the black stuff is? Is it Translucent glass or opaque? Is it a particular mineral such as Ilmenite?
Please share with us what you know about this amazing black material. Never mind how it even exists. This seems as fascinating as the lightning coming up out of the Iceland Volcano. Both seem impossible.
Thanks Carl
--
Carl or Debbie Esparza
Meteoritemax