[meteorite-list] Online PDF files of The Yale Peabody MuseumPublications

From: Richard Kowalski <damoclid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 11:42:27 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Wed, 4/21/10, star_wars_collector at yahoo.com <star_wars_collector at yahoo.com> wrote:

> The link about photocopiers is a very
> good one.
> Same can be said for old hard drives... Even if they "don't
> work" data can still be recovered.
>
> Hope everyone is good,
> Greg C.

True, but I know when I am getting ride of a hard drive from my own computer. I always take a hammer to it if it is dead.

I didn't know that digital copiers have hard drives in them or that they save EVERY document scanned.

I have no control over leased copiers that are used by my doctors, employer, clients, etc. One expects their IT people destroy data from computer hard drives before disposal, but leased copiers? Until this week I didn't even know that this problem existed and I bet almost no one else does either.

--
Richard Kowalski
Full Moon Photography