[meteorite-list] Nothing wrong with "just west of Mineral Point"

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 14:34:55 -0500

Hi, Rob, List,

Is anybody searching the Belmont - Darlington -
Waldwick - Mineral Point quadrangle?

That is a rhetorical question to which I expect
no answer, of course.

Using a high stack of (reasonable) assumptions,
I calculate that about 90 kilos made it to the
ground, of which the largest single fragment
could be 3-5 kg (likely) to 10 kg (iffy).

Efficiency of recovery is low, so TKW will
likely be only 5 kg (without the big one) to
10 kg (with). The last time I tried this, I
got the TKW of Moss to within 50 grams,
but one trial does not a method make.

Sterling K. Webb