[meteorite-list] Meteorite that hit Northwest Georgia unveiled

From: Julian Gray <julian.gray_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 22:42:18 -0400

Mike et al.

I can respond to this. I am the curator at Tellus Science Museum where the
new chondrite will be exhibited beginning tomorrow - 22 April. I am new to
the list, but joined to (A) connect with you fine folks, (B) monitor the
response and (C) to answer questions like these if I can.

Why is the meteorite not classified? We are working on getting it
classified. The stone fell in March 2009. It wasn't until August that we
first heard of and saw the stone. It took another eight agonizing months to
get the stone in the museum. In the process we lost 13 months, a fact that
I am painfully aware of. Patience.

I hope that this helps.

And yes, it is a magnificent stone! I took another round of photos today
and will get them posted somewhere and notify everyone.

Cheers everyone
Julian Gray
Curator
Tellus Science Museum