[meteorite-list] Offensive Postings was Questionable Ebay Listings

From: Brian Cox <searchingforfun_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 18:24:01 -0500

Elton,

Have you lost your mind? I have no idea why you are taking a stab at me
other than you are upset about me making a bad off-color joke about the lady
from Winnemucca. I didn't signal out the whole state of Nevada nor all
women, as you know and me thinks that for some strange reason this goes
deeper than what you are letting on here. I apologize to anyone that was
offended by my half hearted joke about the lady selling the meteorites, but
if you even looked at the ebay auction and the grammar and the fuzzy photo
of the meteorite and her description which I posted about her stating to
hurry and buy this one so she would put the bigger ones up since she has a
whole bucket full then maybe you would understand it better.

I don't know why you seem to think I'm a newbie to the list since I have
been a member of the IMCA# 6387 since 2004 as one of the original members
from that time period. I've been posting to this list for at least 5 years
or longer.

I also don't find your snide remark about my character in poor taste and
your comment about my mother to be in even poorer taste.

I am not new to the list. I have been collecting meteorites for 10 years and
I bought my first meteorites on ebay from Bob Haag, Michael Farmer and Anne
Black and Steve "Meteorite Men" Arnold and others, and actually have
accumulated nearly 700 meteorites since 1999-2000 from nearly a hundred
members of the IMCA on ebay and their websites.

Perhaps since Chicago Steve Arnold isn't on here you need to vent and take
out your frustration at not having what you want in life on me.

I have to go back and read what you wrote about Michael Farmer since I have
no clue as to what you are talking about. I have spoken to Michael online
over this last week and last night and just today also. I don't ever
remember insulting him and I have No idea from where in the world you got
that thought.

Now,,,,,,,as far as your ridiculous statement about me being some sort of
cyber-terrorist, (Which I copied below here) that constitutes grounds for a
lawsuit and I urge you to retract that.

"Is it a coincidence that the occurrence of a rash of a prankster /
>> cyber terrorist activity coincides with Cox's arrival? Inquiring
>> minds want to know..."

 I wrote a post on here about the wonderful benefit that Michael Farmer and
Terry Boudreaux did with the children in the Iowa/Grant Public School and
posted it to the list. Then Dirk asked me if he could post it to his
website. I have been in contact with Dirk almost every day until he got his
web blog back up. That sounds incredibly ignorant that you would suggest I
was somehow involved in taking down his website since I had a post on there
myself.

Perhaps you should slow down and read all the posts over again in
chronological order. Again, perhaps you should go back over the posts the
past few days and speak to Dirk and Michael Farmer about me. You certainly
have me mixed up with someone else outside of the poor joke about the off
color ebayer selling her bucket of rocks from Winnemucca, Nevada.

With pity that I even have to address your poorly worded comments and
ramblings.

Brian Cox

IMCA# 6387