[meteorite-list] Wisconsin meteorites for sale

From: cdtucson at cox.net <cdtucson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 14:22:07 -0400

Warren, Steve, List,
This is insane. IMHO it does not speak to the value of the other meteorite finds at all. Unless all things are equal?
Provenance is King here.
1). This is from the "meteorite men" Himself.. People will pay more because it is a Steve "self find".
2). If Bob Haag had found this it might be worth even more.
3). First sale ( offering) on eBay of this material. The ist's are always a premium. ie. biggest, etc.
4). Was featured on the news and likely on next season's show.
5). Early recovery. No weathering.
6). No other meteorites from this fall will have the same impact as this one. Except maybe the hammer stone from shed.
7). This in No way reflects the true value except for this sale and by Steve.
8). The implication is that now Farmers will prefer Steve as a partner unless others do offer these stupid prices as well.
9). Steve is showing signs of true brilliance here.
Sorry Steve, Just stating the obvious here.
Will you sell my finds for me If I find any?
 Carl
--
Carl or Debbie Esparza
Meteoritemax